top of page

Our History

Established in 1955, Taylor Bros. Engineers Ltd became involved with the building of Uskmouth ‘B’ 360 M.W. Station 1960 – 63. Over the following years Taylor Bros were active in the design, manufacture and installation of numerous spare parts and upgrading of equipment and plant, working closely with English Electric and G.E.C.


The company’s business greatly expanded in 1976 with its acquisition of Sheppard Engineering, a company which had been established in 1920 and was involved in the international Mining and Smelting sectors.

A change of name to Taylor Sheppard and with it the added capacity of Sheppard’s design and drawing office led to expansion of the company’s capabilities in both the design and manufacture of heavy equipment for the Smelting and Power Industries worldwide, in addition to which it supplied spare parts, including those for Feed Pumps, Condensers, Feed Heaters, Coal Mills, Hydrogen Seals, Whole Coal Washing and Moisture Removal Plants, Air Heaters as well as discrete spares made to customer requirements.


On-site involvement included the supply and installation of parts to, maintenance and/or refurbishment at, the following power plants: Aberthaw A and B Stations, Berkley, Cottam, Carmarthen Bay, Didcot, Drax, Dungeness, Early, Eggborough, Marchwood, Plymouth, Poole, Portishead, Tir John, Uskmouth A and B Stations, Willmington, Poolbeg, Tarbert and Money Point.

In 1996 the manufacturing facility was sold to a London company and the Sheppard Division to Outokumpu of Finland whose interests were mainly in the smelting industry.

Welcome to Taylor Power Group
Taylor Power Group The Present
Taylor Power Group Health and Safety
biofuel green pump fuel green energy
bottom of page